Further to the announcement from the Welsh Government about the firebreak, a series of restrictive measures will be in place from 6pm Friday 23rd October until the start of Monday 9th November 2020.
What this means for vocational testing
- Vocational theory and practical test services will be affected during the lockdown period.
- All vocational tests will be suspended from 6pm on Friday 23rd October and restart again on Monday 9th November 2020.
What this means for vehicle operators
- The firebreak does not affect the DVSA’s heavy vehicle testing service and AFTs can remain open.
- DVSA will continue to provide staff to AFTs in Wales and across Great Britain.
- You should carry on presenting vehicles and trailers which are coming up to expiry.
- You should continue to manage the regular maintenance and inspection schedule for your vehicles and trailers. This is a legal requirements under your operator’s license.
The latest guidance from the Welsh Government on the firebreak is available here.