To ensure that Instructors and Assessors have local access to the NRI examinations, we have approved exam centres in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. If you would like to become an approved exam centre for the National Register of LGV Instructors please let us know or call the register manager on +44(0)7836 332556.
The criteria for becoming an exam centre is straight forward and takes into account the vehicles and facilities used for the instructor and assessor examinations. Download the exam centre approval criteria
The benefits of becoming an approved exam centre for the DVSA endorsed NRI are:
- If you provide LGV assessor and/or instructor training you can offer an on-site examination at the end of your training process
- You can offer on-customer premises examinations for assessors
- You can display the NRI approved exam centre logo
- You are demonstrating to the road transport industry your commitment to the future and professionalism of the sector
- You can generate income by renting out your vehicles and classroom space to candidates wishing to sit the NRI examination
- You can build positive relationships with LGV assessors and instructors who are future potential customers
The investment to become an approved exam centre is £740+VAT in year one (per site), which includes your pre-approval audit and first annual audit. It is then £423+VAT per year per site to retain your approval, which again includes auditing. Download an application now.