Great news! If you are a currently registered DVSA or RTITB LGV instructor you can request to be transferred to the new National Register of LGV Instructors completely free of charge. Plus your expiry date will remain the same so you won’t lose any of your registration time.
The only exception to this is if you have been registered by DVSA in 2016 and have been given an expiry date of 31st December 2016. In this scenario your new registration on the National Register of LGV Instructors will expire 5 years from the date of your last examination with DVSA. For example, if you were examined on 12th August 2016, your new NRI expiry date will be 11th August 2021.
If you have a military Driving Licence Acquisition Instructor (DLAI) qualification you can also transfer to the National Register of LGV Instructors upon proof of a current valid qualification taken within the last 12 months. Your expiry date will be 5 years from the date of your last examination. For example, if you were last examined on 12th August 2016, your new NRI expiry date will be 11th August 2021. A standard NRI registration fee of £62.50+VAT will apply.
The benefits of transferring on the National Register of Instructors are:
- You can display the National Register Instructor logo on your website and other marketing materials
- You can prove to customers and potential customers that you hold a highly sought after, professional qualification
- You can demonstrate that you are committed to high quality, professional LGV driver training
- You have access to free technical advice and guidance
- You will receive discounts on products and services from NRI partner organisations
- You receive an ID card to evidence your success
- You receive regular industry and legislative updates by email
- You receive an NRI pen and window sticker