Happy one year anniversary to the National Register of LGV Instructors!
We’ve had a fantastic first year, with over 500 LGV instructors registering with us and over 20 exam centres (and counting!) becoming approved.
We’ve also been busy on the road at various events to promote the benefits of the NRI for both instructors and employers and have loved having the chance to meet with current and new partners. We’d like to take this time to thank everyone who we worked with throughout 2017 and say how much we’re looking forward to working with you throughout 2018!
Here’s a snippet of NRI throughout 2017…
NRI Registered Instructors: Over 540 instructors joined the NRI
NRI Exam Centres: 20 Exam Centres registered with the NRI, with more centres expected to become approved throughout 2018.
Examinations: Over 103 examinations carried out.
NRI On the Road In 2017
This year we attended a number of industry events to promote the benefits of using NRI Instructors:
- Health & Safety Show 2017, NEC Birmingham
- Multimodal 2017, NEC Birmingham
- Microlise Conference, Ricoh Arena, Coventry
- Talent in Logistics Conference & Awards 2017, Telford, Shropshire
Governance Committee Meetings: We held two Governance Committee Meetings in 2017 in March at RTITB in Telford, Shropshire and the other in September, at Tockwith Training in York. You can view the minutes from these meetings here.
NRI Committee Members – Current Members and Attendees: We’re pleased to have had the continued support throughout 2017 from our Governance Advisory Committee:
- Mark Winn, DVSA
- Ashley Bateman, DVSA
- Nick Taylor, DVSA
- Keith Gray, Freight Transport Association
- Steve Ellis & Colin Snape, Road Haulage Association
- Rob Hollier, Kuehne + Nagel
- Dan Holland, White Logistics & Storage
- Laurie Moore, Tockwith Training
- Richard Brewer, National Register of LGV Instructors
- John Bowman, National Register of LGV Instructors